La Baila Vista
Salsa & Bachata Classes.
This course is designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to Salsa & Bachata dance. Each class will teach you the fundamentals, such as: rhythm, timing, leading, following and ultimately connecting with the dance and the music. Each week you will learn fun and easy exercises and techniques to give you an in-depth understanding of how to dance.
“Take a chance, learn to dance, get lost in this trance, let’s begin a new romance with this thing I call dance.”
Sat: 3pm - 4pm
Sun: 11am - 12pm
Slow to Medium
paced & easy to learn class.
Rs 2500 - 1month
Rs 6000 - 3months
One Free demo class is offered.
Come experience the class
SCO 180-187, Sector 9,
Sign up for a trial Class!
La Baila Vista
Sat, 26 Mar|
Bodyzone Gym, Sec 9, Chd
Salsa & Bachata Workshop | Competition | Social Dancing
Bringing to you an amazing set of workshops & competition of your favourite dance forms Salsa & Bachata on the 26th & 27th March 2022, by India's most esteemed artist Rocky Poonawala from Pune
Time & Location
26-Mar-2022, 3:00 pm – 27-Mar-2022, 10:00 pm
Bodyzone Gym, Sec 9, Chd, SCO 180 - 187, Madhya Marg, Sector-9C, 9C, Sector 9, Chandigarh, 160009, India
About the Event
Bringing to you an amazing set of workshops of your favourite dance forms Salsa & Bachata on the 26th & 27th March 2022, by India's most esteemed artist Rocky Poonawala from Pune
26th March (Saturday) 2022
- 3:00pm to 4:00pm - Rueda | Open Level
- 4:00pm to 5:30pm - Bachata Dominican | Improver's Level
- 5:30pm to 6:00pm - Break
- 6:00pm to 7:30pm - Salsa PartnerWork | Improver's Level
27th March (Sunday) 2022
- 10:30am to 12:00pm - Jack&Jill Bachata | Open & Beginner's Level
- 12:00pm to 1:30pm - Bachata Dominican | Intermediate Level
- 1:30pm to 2:00pm - Break
- 2:00pm to 3:30pm - Salsa PartnerWork | Intermediate Level
Fee: Early bird (avail before 2nd March 2022)
- Full Festival: Rs 2500 (Includes All workshops | J&J Competition | Sun Lunch | Social Pass)
- One day: Rs 1500 (Includes Social pass)
- One Workshop: Rs 1000 (Includes Social pass)
- J&J Competition only: Rs 700
- Salsa 30s Showcase online competion only: Rs 500
- Social Pass only: Rs 500
Workshop Venue: Bodyzone Gym, SCO 180 -187, Sector 9, Madhya Marg, Chandigarh.
Salsa/Bachata/Kizomba Social on 27th March 2022: 7:00 to 10:00pm
Social Venue: TBD
Salsa 30s Showcase (online) Competion Rules:
- Send us your video via email on LaBailaVista@gmail.com
- Last day to submit your video is 20th March 2022
- Your videos needs to be min 30 sec and max 45 sec long
- Dance form needs to be Salsa (partner-work) it could be same-gender or opposite genders
- A Maximum of 2 lifts are allowed
- Your submitted video will be posted on La Baila Vista instagram
- Of the 30 points of judgement - 10 are based on social media (unique) comments & 20 on judges
Salsa 30s Showcase Judgement Criteria: The Relative Placement System will be used to judge all competitions. All Competitors will be judged using the following criteria:
- Timing – “How Your Body Connects to the Music”.
- Technique – “How Well You Do What You Do.” How well the Competitors execute the movements comprising their dance constitutes technique. We are looking for good footwork, balance, control, frame, and how well turns & spins are executed, and control of arms and hands.
- Teamwork – How Well You Work Together.” Salsa is a connected, partner dance. The demonstration of this connection and the appearance of lead/follow or action/reaction between the partners is an expected part of any competition. It is the ability to work together as a team.
- Content/Choreography – “What You Do.” The selection and order of movements and transitions executed during a dance comprises choreography. Good choreography demonstrates an intimate connection with the music and its phrasing, as well as variety and contrast of movements. Choreography must be tasteful and respectful to the audience.
- Showmanship/Presentation – “How Well You Sell What You Do.” To create an atmosphere of excitement by inviting and generating interest in a performance is the desired effect of good presentation. While providing a good show is one aspect of presentation, a good show is not a substitute for good dancing.
Jack & Jill Bachata Competion Rules:
This will be a Jack & Jill freestyle dance competition where leaders and followers are randomly matched and switched during each round. Dancers are judged based on their ability to improvise a dance with different partners.
- All contestants must register in advance
- Lifts and flips are not allowed.
- This competition is judged based on pure bachata freestyling. Any dancing that looks “obviously” choreographed (i.e. synchronized shines sequences) will result in disqualification. This will be at the discretion of the judges.
- Dancers must dance bachata.
- The judges’ decision is final.
J&J Bachata Judgement Criteria:
- Enjoyment: Do the dancers look like they are enjoying themselves throughout the dance?
- Timing: Do the dancers stay on a consistent beat?
- Musicality: Do the dancers show a connection to the music?
- Partnering: Do the dancers show that they are engaged with each other and matching each other’s level?
J&J Bachata Prizes:
- Winner (Lead/Follow): GIDC 2022 - Full Pass at 70% off
- 1st Runner-up (Lead/Follow): Muxima 2022 - Full Pass at 50% off
- 2nd Runner-up (Lead/Follow): Lead O' Latino 2022 - Full Pass