Jack & Jill Competition (Bachata)
Time & Location
About the Event
Jack & Jill Bachata Competition, for Beginners and Open Level
Date: 11th Apr 2021 | Time: 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Venue: Bodyzone Gym, SCO 180-187, Sec 9, Chandigarh, India.
Registration price: Rs 300 (Beginners) | Rs 300 (Open Level)
For any query please call: 7087420933 (Zeeshan)
The “Jack & Jill” Contest offer dancers the opportunity to put their social dance skills on the floor. In a Jack & Jill, you do not select your partner or your music. They are selected for you “on the contest floor.” This contest promote “choreography on the fly, good social dancing skills and proper lead, follow & frame technique".
Dancers are encouraged to dance to the character, timing and hits of the music, rather than execute lengthy patterns “practiced” for presentation. Patterns that look like a routine, and obviously don’t fit the music, are generally scored lower than creative, impromptu patterns that emphasise the music or lyrics. Couples are also judged on their “teamwork”— the ability to dance together.
General Rules and Information
- Contestants must register before 3rd Feb 2018. You can pay up to your specific instructor and give your name to Zeeshan Rang via phone or whatsapp (7087420933)
- The competition will have a leader (male or female) and a follower (female or male). You will either be a leader or a follower for all the rounds of the competition.
- Contestants must wear the bib number that will be assigned to them at the contest registration desk.
- Behaviour: Competitors should conduct themselves maturely and display sportsmanship. Contestants displaying poor behaviour may be disqualified from competition with no refund.
- Contest Attendance. The contest will happen at 3pm, If you are not present at the “Bodyzone Gym”, SCO 180-187, Sector 9 Chd by 2:30 to be briefed about the rules of the competition you will not be allowed to dance in that contest.
- Beginners Level: Which means, you have not been dancing or learning (Salsa/Bachata/Kizomba) more than 1 year.
- Open Level: Anyone and everyone is invited to be in this group.
We reserve the right to reject entries we feel are inappropriate.
*Scheduled contest times is subject to change incase of any technical difficulties we might face*
Judging Criteria: All Competitors will be judged using the following criteria:
- Timing – “How Your Body Connects to the Music”. It’s about dancing on the music, transitions in music and hitting the music breaks.
- Technique – “How Well You Do What You Do.” How well the Competitors execute the movements comprising their dance constitutes technique. We are looking for good footwork, balance, control, frame and how well turns & spins are executed, and control of arms and hands.
- Showmanship/Presentation – “How Well You Sell What You Do.” To create an atmosphere of excitement by inviting and generating interest in a performance is the desired effect of good presentation. While providing a good show is one aspect of presentation, a good show is not a substitute for good dancing.
For any query please contact Zeeshan Rang at 7087420933
- Beginner's LevelINR 300INR 3000INR 0
- Open LevelINR 300INR 3000INR 0